Tuesday, October 29, 2019

New Orleans Jazz

    This month, I volunteered at the New Orleans Jazz Market on Friday, October 18th. I thought this would be a neat opportunity to not only volunteer, but also to discover more about this New Orleans' staple. I mean, what would New Orleans be without jazz! I loved learning more about jazz from the other volunteers, many of whom have been in New Orleans for decades. My favorite was the man who took tickets at the door with me, who would point out the different jazz musicians and tell me how impressive they were, including one who he claimed to be the best jazz musician in New Orleans. As I worked the door, the jazz music filled the building and the bustling of people made me feel as if I were at a Great Gatsby-like party. I thoroughly enjoyed my time volunteering in this lovely  location that housed a large library and digital jazz archive. I also enjoyed feeling like I was helping to preserve jazz here in New Orleans by volunteering and allowing funds to be used for preservation and bringing together of this historical, and current, staple.

    My courses have been continuing to go well, however this current module I have been extra motivated and hope that this is reflected in my grade on the upcoming test! One study habit I have developed that I think helps me most is putting all the drugs into a chart with their effects, side effects, mechanisms of action, etc.

Total Community Service Hours: 3 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Classes from Colorado

     I have now been home for a full month (something that hasn't happened since my freshman year of college) and this means the pandem...